Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

a mantra.

i don't want to be like everyone else.
i don't want to be another someone hopping on the bandwagon.
i don't want to be a carbon copy of the american ideal.

i don't want to be obsessed with the latest and greatest trends.
i don't want to be more interested in things created than my creator. 
i don't want to be a social media whore. 

i don't want to be lost in the future.
i don't want to be blinded by the nostalgia of the past.
i don't want to be the sum of my mistakes.

i don't want to be foolish.
i don't want to be lonely.
i don't want to be the person looking down at her phone instead of the world around her.

i don't want to be pressured to feel the need to always prove my point.
i don't want to be the person who tears others down to make myself feel better.
i don't want to be a snob.

i don't want to be lost. 
i don't want to be afraid.
i don't want to be trying to be someone i am not. 

i don't want to be someone who needs to prove i am better than you.
i don't want to be an absent mother.
i don't want to be a selfish person.

i don't want to be a nagging wife. 
i don't want to live an empty life.
i don't want to take this life for granted. 

i don't want to be you.

i want to be alright with me,
more than just alright with me.

i want to love me. 
who i am and who i was made to be. 
imperfect as i am now. 

i want to love myself here and right now. 
not tomorrow. not in a year.
but now.




No comments: